A calm swedish home in grey and white

Edit Artikel
When it's cold outside, the allure of staying indoors and padding around in slippers drinking tea all day is just so appealing, don't you think?! This lovely home in Gothenburg is like a calm oasis in the heart of the city - and with that vast kakelugn (masonry oven), a perfect cocoon from the snow outside the window too! Let's take a tour...













Photography: Anders Bergstedt. Styling: Stilorum. Entrance.

What a perfect home. Loving the original wood floors, large windows and high ceilings. But also the quirky touches - like the 'hand key-holder' in the hallway! (Areaware sells all kinds of hands like this including a hand dock, hand hook, and even a bestow hand!).

Other items I know and love: SINNERLIG pendant lamp, this watercolour / auqarelle wall hanging is similar (also seen in this home), keep an eye out here for a bumling light in brass, white linen bedding, cactus I print, children's bed, hektar lamp.

Does anyone know where the wooden chair and pendant lamp in the bedroom are from? I'd love to know!

I'm gearing up for a quick trip to London tomorrow to meet my publisher (my booklaunches in just two weeks - so exciting!). I can't wait to see my little niece again too, I miss those baby cheeks! I'm also looking forward to a great curry (one of the things I miss most about London is great Indian take-aways!).

Last week I mentioned I was listening to Swedish singer Melissa Horn and I had a flood of e-mails asking for more tips.  So, today's tip is Norwegian singer / songwriter Ane Brun - I could listen to her everyday!

Have a lovely day! 
Previous
Next Post »
Show comments
Hide comments