Could you go grey like this fab (small) Swedish apartment?

Edit Artikel
It's pouring with rain here this morning - in that cosy way you only feel when you actually don't have to go out in it?! I was actually planning on posting something vibrant today but actually this beautiful grey Swedish apartment matches the day far better  - so I'll park the other one for tomorrow's post! There's a lot to be said for grey - it's calm, it's elegant and it's sort of 'adult' in a way that I love. Do you know what I mean? This Swedish apartment combines grey (in the form of doors, skirting boards, radiator covers, window frames and textiles) with black and white and a hint of cognac leather. And there's some fab lighting going on too! Let's take a tour....














Source: Bosthlm

I love how the kitchen cabinets extend around the corner - what a clever way to add work surface and storage in a small space ( this home is a mere 38 square metres / 409 square foot)?

A few items I know and love: dining - Thonet chairs (absolutely love these!), aim suspension lights. sitting room - Sinnerlig daybed, linen throw, sheepskin throw, sinnerlig stool, leather ottoman. bedroom - charcoal linen pillow cases, light grey linen sheet (in fact my latest linen love has got to be anything and everything from this etsy shop - be still my beating heart!!

After something a little er brighter today? Why not dig into my (dangerous) archives for a few hours and check out this white Brooklyn home with vibrant touches, a Swedish home with black floors and fun, colourful touches, and the happy home of a Dutch illustrator (you can always count on the Dutch for some wonderful pops of colour!). 

By the way, I loved the discussion in the comment section yesterday (a home tour not to be missed by the way)  - so interesting! If you have any constructive thoughts on the homes I show, please do leave a comment in the section below and join the chat! It always adds a huge amount - plus it makes my day too! (if you don't have gmail you can click the anonymous box and then add your name or initials against the comment. 

Have a lovely day!

You can stop raining now Sweden. 
Previous
Next Post »
Show comments
Hide comments